Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Perseus and Medusa

Diego Fernando Urrea



Perseus And Medusa



Hi, my name is Perseus, im a Greek legend, im Hero, the son of Zeus and Dannaë, daughter of Acrisius, king of Argos. An oracle foretold my mon that a son of Dannaë would cause the death of Acrisius, I was abandoned in the Mortal world as a Mortal in the island of Seriphus, where I was protected by the king of the island under promise that he would slay the Gorgon Medusa and bring her head to him. In this he was aided by Hermes and Athena, who protected him from danger. After reaching the dwelling of Medusa near Tartessus, I cut off her head with the sickle furnished by Hermes, and on my return I liberated the beautiful Andromeda from a sea monster. Later I rescued my mother from Polydectes by turning the latter into stone. Shortly after I became king of Tiryns, and in the course of time founded the cities of Mycenæ and Midea.


Perseus and Medusa's Head