Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hi, My Name is Thisbe ---Pyramus & Thisbe---

My life story is like the one of Romeo and Juliet, but mine is much more interesting!
Well, everyone knows me because I was the most beautiful maiden in all Babylonia. I lived in a very small house and my room was connected with Pyramus’s. He was the most awesome man I ever met.



I fell in love with him but my parents didn’t want me to be with him, I was furious! I wasn’t allowed to see or talk to him… so one day we found a small hole in the wall that separated us. That hole allowed him to whisper me love words everyday. I was so in love with him, he was the boy of my dreams.



One day Pyramus asked me to run away with him; he wanted to marry me and I agreed. We were supposed to meet outside the city in the middle of the night, near Ninu’s grave. I was so excited that I arrived first. It was dark and cold, then I saw a lion I was so scared that I run until I reached a cave, but when I was running my veil fell down and I couldn’t get back to take it. When the lion saw it, he started to play with it, then the lion left my veil covered with blood from his last prey on the floor.


I was so afraid that I got to the darkest point of the cave and stood there for about 50 minutes. Then I heard a scream so I ran out to see what had happened, it was Pyramus. He was lying on the floor, screaming. I run to where he was to see what was happening, when I reached where he was I saw that he was dying; he had pierced himself with his sword. While he was dying he told me that he saw my veil and thought I was killed by the lion. I loved him like I never loved anyone so I decided to kill myself and that way we would die together. But, I couldn’t do it; I became insane and started to run away, I ran, ran and ran far away form Babylon. Now I am living in the forest, away from everything.


I don’t know anything about Babylonia, my family, etc. I only know that everyone knows my story because where Pyramus died grew a Mulberry bush, and since his death the berries changed from its original color, white, to red.



Encyclopedia Mythic, Pyramus and Thisbe. Made by Edwand Rivers. date accessed: 23/11/07.http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/pyramus_and_thisbe.html
http://library.thinkquest.org/26264/student.htm


Juana Catalina Barragán D.