Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hi! My name is Zeus!

You might know me as the powerful ruler of the sky, controller of rain and cloud, and master of lightning. I overthrew my father, Cronus, and took over everything, giving the sea to my brother Poseidon and the underworld to my brother Hades.

I have sort of a bad reputation as a womanizer. I mean, I love my wife, Hera, but there are just so many beautiful women on earth, that I can’t help being a little bit unfaithful from time to time.

I’m really a nice guy, but please, don’t make me angry unless you want to see a heck of a storm. I have a bit of a short temper, and I really hate to be tricked. No one is more powerful than me…. except maybe Fate. But until she catches up to me, I’ll keep living the life of the most famous Greek God ever to live on Mount Olympus!


This is me, last year after Hera tricked me and stole Io away!



Source: Strait, Marlyse. "The Greek Gods and Their Creation" Zeus. 1998.

(Ms. Yates)