Monday, November 26, 2007

Hi, My Name is Phaeton

I am not a god, but I am a son of one. My father is Helios the god of the sun and my mother is Clymene. She is not a god either, we are mortals.

I lived my whole life with my mother which is why I met my father when I was older and I discovered my dad was a god. When I discovered this, I asked him if I could go visit him to ask him for a favor and he said yes immediately.

When I got to my father's house and asked him if I could ride his chariot, he told me I could but that I had to be careful with the horses because they were very strong. I was so excited that I ignored that warning and the horses went out of control when I stepped in the chariot! I was destroying everything, and when I got near the Earth, Zeus threw a lightning bolt to stop me and it killed me when it touched me.


Sources

Susana Pava