Monday, November 26, 2007

Alejandra Lopez Araque

Orpheus and Eurydice
I was the greatest musician and poet of Greek myth, my songs could charm wild beasts and coax even ricks and trees into movement. I was one of the Argonauts, and when the Argo had to pass the island of the Sirens it was my music which prevented the crew from being lured to destruction.

When I was young I fall in love with a kid called Eurydice, our love was so deep that we were practically inseparable. We thought allot of times that we can’t live without the other. Eurydice was bitten by a serpent, the poison of the serpent killed her and she descended to Hades immediately. I was so sad about the loss of my love that i start to composed music to express the terrible emptiness. I went down to the underworld to bring Eurydice back. But have to meet one condition it was that i must not look back as I was conducting Eurydice to the surface.