Sunday, November 25, 2007

Aphrodite! God Of LoVe!!!!

My name is Aphrodite and I’m the Goddess of Love, beauty and fertility. I’m also called Venus. My brothers were Zeus and Dione. Many Gods and mortals loved me and I loved them too. The one that I loved the most was called Adonis. Some of my sons are Eros, Anteros, Hymenaios, and Aeneas. I also like to protect sailors. My festival is the Aphrodisiac which was celebrated in some parts of Greece and especially in Athens and Corinth. I always wore my magic girdle and no one can resist me. I loved gaiety and glamour and I was not so pleased when I married sooty, hard-working Hephaestus. Although many people remember me as a deity of petty desires I was very powerful and unique and my influence was very important in many areas of life. I liked to be very generous when my followers need me for my powers. I helped Meilanion gain Atalanta. I also used my powers to destroy people who disrupt workings of love and sexuality.


Aphrodite.http://www.mythweb.com/gods/Aphrodite.html. November 22 /07


LOMBARDI,Anne.Aphrodite.http://www.arthistory.sbc.edu/imageswomen/papers/lombardiaphrodite/aphrodite.html. November 22 /07


By: Andrea Díaz