Friday, November 23, 2007

Hi my name is Poseidon


Hello my name is Poseidon, but some call me Neptune. I’m the god of the sea, horses, and marine creatures; I am a very powerful god. I’m the son of Cronus and Gaea. Among my many powers lie: control of marine creatures and the ability to control tides and waves. Some of the symbols with which mortals represent me are a trident, my weapon of choice, a seahorse which I use as my messenger, and all horses which answer to me. The story I’m most famous for is the Odyssey in which a foolish mortal, Odysseus was stupid enough to piss me off. For this I left him wandering the seas for 20 years meeting many creatures, among them one of my many sons Polyphemus who he blinded, but I don’t care, I have plenty.

Encyclopedia Mythica, Poseidon
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/poseidon.html#
Date accessed: 23/11/07
Made by: Andres Franco