Monday, November 26, 2007

Hi my name is Arachne







Hi my name is Arachne;

Long time ago I was a Lydian young woman. I was very good at weaving and spinning. But I was arrogant and very proud of my self; I tell people I was even better at spinning and weaving than the godess Athena. Athena who also was a good spinner and weaver was mad and challenge me to a weaving contest. I won Athena, but still she was very angry, so angry that she tells me "You want to spin," Athena said, “go ahead and spin for ever!" Suddenly my hair fell of, my arms and legs got long and skinny, and my whole body became little after that I was just a little tiny spider .Athena make my the first spider in the word and that’s why Arachne means spider in Greek.
Sources:
Welcome to in2Greece!, http://www.in2greece.com/english/index.htm
22 Nov. 07









Alejandra Arango A